I found a good blog about writing the bio page that I thought I'd share.
"Are you trying to write your own bio? Then you’ve probably discovered how hard it is to give your bio a personal touch—without sounding like a personals ad—while still making prospects feel like they’re in good, competent, professional hands."
Here's a copy paste of "16 Questions to Help You Write Your Bio" below.
The rest of the post is here
with additional tips.
- How did you arrive at running this business? What path brought you here?
- What are you known for professionally? What do you have a knack for?
- What’s the one problem you are best at solving for your clients? What do your ideal clients say about you?
- Who have you worked with in the past? And what have you done for them?
- What are you most passionate about professionally? What most excites you about your work & the contribution you can make?
- What are you passionate about personally? What do you really enjoy? What can’t you stop talking about?
- Where can we find you when you’re not working? What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend or a Sunday afternoon?
- How long have you been doing what you do?
- Where did you grow up and why aren’t you there now?
- Any volunteer activities you’re crazy about?
- Any nonprofits you love, & why?
- Any awards or medals, or even medallions? Personal okay, too.
- What would be impossible for you to give up?
- Why would someone not want to work with you?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Anything else you’d like to tell people about yourself?
- You can use this bio for your LinkedIn profile, for your website’s About page, or for a speaker bio.
Something to think about...