Virtual Assistant Contracts

Virtual assistant contract information and resources.

Forum Sponsor (Advertise with us)
Virtual Assistant Contracts
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
    #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2009
Contributing Member
Company name: www.yourpracticaladmin.com
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West New York, NJ
Posts: 200
Send a message via Yahoo to karlaamaya Send a message via Skype™ to karlaamaya
Follow this virtual assistant on Twitter Find this virtual assistant on Facebook Contact this virtual assistant on LinkedIn Find this virtual assistant on Google+
Exclamation Virtual Assistant Contracts
Hello Everyone,

I have just started my business and had some questions about the contracts.

Do I povide a contract for every project for the same client or should I provide them with only one contract for a one year period?

What are key questions when doing a consultation with a client? and are there any forms that illustrate all the questions that need to be asked?

Please help!!!!!

Karla
Reply With Quote
    #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2009
New Member
Company name: Aveon Business Services
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northwest TN, USA
Posts: 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Karen
Follow this virtual assistant on Twitter
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
Hi Karla,
I use an annual contract for anyone who wants to use my services on a regular basis whether it is a retainer situation or just occasional projects. The contract is quite general and the details of the work, payment method, etc. are specified in an addendum. Any new assignments or other changes can be made with simple one-page addendums. At the end of the year we review and extend the official contract with a signed extension page. That way paperwork is at a minimum and I think the client finds it much easier to okay the extension of an existing contract than formally consider a new one.
One-off job contracts expire when the job is complete.

I hope that helps. I am sure there will be different ideas coming from others.
Reply With Quote
    #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2009
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 57
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
I love the idea of keeping paperwork to a minimum as well!!
Reply With Quote
    #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seven Hills, Ohio
Posts: 49
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
Sounds great Karen! I absolutely agree that extending the original contract will go over much easier than a brand new one every year - it really keeps the mindset that there are no major changes and does not need to be reconsidered. Easy, green and smart!

Monica
Reply With Quote
    #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2009
Contributing Member
Company name: The Northern Edge Business Solutions
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 210
Send a message via MSN to CMColeman Send a message via Skype™ to CMColeman
Follow this virtual assistant on Twitter Find this virtual assistant on Facebook Contact this virtual assistant on LinkedIn
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Hi Karla,
I use an annual contract for anyone who wants to use my services on a regular basis whether it is a retainer situation or just occasional projects. The contract is quite general and the details of the work, payment method, etc. are specified in an addendum. Any new assignments or other changes can be made with simple one-page addendums. At the end of the year we review and extend the official contract with a signed extension page. That way paperwork is at a minimum and I think the client finds it much easier to okay the extension of an existing contract than formally consider a new one.
One-off job contracts expire when the job is complete.

I hope that helps. I am sure there will be different ideas coming from others.

I love this idea Karen. Would it be possible to request a sample (generic obviously) of how you set it up? I have contracts written, but am having a hard time visualizing how to format it for an annual + addendums.
Reply With Quote
    #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2009
Contributing Member
Company name: GRIP Bookkeeping Services
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 95
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via MSN to AngelicaP33 Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicaP33
Contact this virtual assistant on LinkedIn
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
Hi, can anyone please submit a sample contract they use for their clients? I am new to the VA industry and I just want to make sure that when I get my first client I have that contract ready. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
    #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2009
JoCarole's Avatar
Resident Member
Company name: Shore Office Services LLC
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,163
Send a message via Skype™ to JoCarole
Follow this virtual assistant on Twitter Find this virtual assistant on Facebook Contact this virtual assistant on LinkedIn
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
Originally Posted by karlaamaya View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have just started my business and had some questions about the contracts.

Do I povide a contract for every project for the same client or should I provide them with only one contract for a one year period?

What are key questions when doing a consultation with a client? and are there any forms that illustrate all the questions that need to be asked?

Please help!!!!!

Karla
Hi karla,
This should start you out. Here is the link for VAF's document library. You will find a standard contract + other forms to help you out! http://www.virtualassistantforums.co...orms-contracts
HTH
__________________
JoCarole
http://www.shoreofficeservices.com
Reply With Quote
    #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2009
Contributing Member
Company name: Your Creative Virtual Assistant
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 65
Follow this virtual assistant on Twitter Contact this virtual assistant on LinkedIn
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
I have had the same questions - thank you. I have not used contracts thus far in my business but I've been thinking it would make me look more professional. Not to mention the legal stuff (which I still need to learn more about!).
Reply With Quote
    #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2009
Ideal VA's Avatar
Contributing Member
Company name: Ideal VA
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 149
Send a message via MSN to Ideal VA Send a message via Yahoo to Ideal VA
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
Originally Posted by JoCarole View Post
Hi karla,
This should start you out. Here is the link for VAF's document library. You will find a standard contract + other forms to help you out! http://www.virtualassistantforums.co...orms-contracts
HTH
That link wont work unless you already have 50 posts... are there any other suggestions? I would like to see a sample contract as well.
Reply With Quote
    #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2009
Resident Member
Company name: JK Virtual Office Resources
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,302
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to JKVirtualOffice
Follow this virtual assistant on Twitter Find this virtual assistant on Facebook Contact this virtual assistant on LinkedIn
Default Re: Virtual Assistant Contracts
I suggest putting in the 50 posts. It's really not too much to ask rather than asking for someone to put up a sample contract that they've already worked hard to put together. Putting in a little time on the forums is a good way to participate and to contribute in exchange for gaining access to documents that other VAs have put time into.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New To Virtual Office Assistant Biz Dimples Member Introductions! 5 12-16-2008 06:52 PM
Virtual Assistant in Thailand ThaiVA Member Introductions! 5 10-02-2008 06:28 PM
What Is a Virtual Assistant? bsetc Business Planning and Development 6 12-24-2007 06:42 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Virtual Assistant Forums Advertising
Virtual Assistant Directory
Work from Home | Become A Virtual Assistant
Create a Professional New Client Welcome Packet
Virtual Assistant Forums Advertising

© Virtual Assistant Forums 2014 Content and images protected under copyright law.
Google+ - Facebook