What's on your home office wish list?

gayellete

In terms of your business and / or home office, what is on your wish list? This can be a course, a certificate, a piece of software or hardware.

Me? The biggest thing right now is a new Wacam drawing tablet. I've had mine for at least 10 years...if not 15. It has stuck by my side with driver updates and worked for every new Mac operating system I've had over the years. THIS IS SO UNUSUAL for any type of computer hardware.

But alas, it no longer works. I do not like trying to draw in Photoshop using a mouse. So it will definitely me my next purchase as soon as I get the funds. :applause:

What about you?

Blessedmomof5

Re: What is on your wish list?

I purchased a walking treadmill desk which was spendy but worth every penny. We as home entrepreneurs need to move every hour or so and not sit for too long.

j

gayellete

Cool! I have one of those two. I was able to get one of those desks that you can raise or lower. So I can sit, stand or walk at my desk by turning a crank. :)

ag21west

Never heard of a Walking Threadmill Desk until now! I would say my wish list item currently right now might be IVAA membership? Or maybe the new iPhone 6.

Susankelly

I've heard of them and seen them many times but have never even considered one. I use a big 27" iMac and have a teeny house. But I do worry about sitting all day long. Of course I do yoga and walk my big Airedale Terrier 3-4 miles a day. But the stats say that the longer you sit at your desk the shorter your life span is. Grrrrrr.... is it hard to type while you are in motion?

ag21west

I think those walking treadmill desk have a slow enough speed for you to type comfortably while you walk, it's more to get the juices flowing than for a full cardio workout.

gayellete

Yep....they do both. Mine doesn't have an incline. But the speed can get up to a slow jog. But I usually have it really really slow. After a few minutes, you don't even realize you're on it. I can't do any graphic design work while on it as i need a steady hand and full concentration. But its good for reading, writing and surfing the web.

Emmanuel

Re: What is on your home office wish list?

My home office wish list is to practically apply the information from "Become a Virtual Assistant" book by Tess Strand after successfully completing the book and also make good use of this forum.

vanvv

I would LOVE to get more than 1 monitor for multiple screen work.... One day.

The Perfect Word

Community Leader

A treadmill desk sounds great, but kind of impossible to transcribe using a foot pedal and walk at the same time...! I've started setting a timer to remind me to get up and MOVE every 20 minutes. I'd like a new chair. Mine is fine, but starting to show some wear both in looks and padding! (I'm talking about getting up and moving, and in the next breath I say want a new chair. LOL!)

mba2va

I want Windows 8 for my desktop computer. I have it on my laptop and I love it.

kenearnhart

I'm upgrading my computer soon. So I want a powerful computer, if not a super computer. My wishlist is to have a computer with an i7 cpu, 8 GB and up RAM, 1T HD or SDD. Graphics card included is a bonus so I could also play if I have time.

latuel

I don't have a treadmill desk but I was able to build a small tray that can sit on the treadmill that I have. I can set either my laptop or ipad on it. I don't do a lot of typing but I do write notes while watching seminars/webinars.

The items on my wish list are a webcam and a good headset.

PandoraH

A newer main workstation PC, a 2nd back-up headset, and some desk organization items (letter trays, etc).

I recently acquired a huge (and crazy heavy) desk, but haven't yet really made use of the desks huge real estate.

A double printer. Signing agent packets are on both letter and legal sizes. It's a pain in the rear end to have to print letter size, then stop and change it out for legal size.

Virtual Alex

I am so glad we don't use legal sized paper in Washington anymore!

My wishlist includes having two large monitors. I currently use my laptop monitor (only 15 inch) and an older hand-me-down second monitor that is the same size. When I was working at my last job, we all were lucky to have two large monitors and once you get used to that, it's hard to go back!

I would also love a docking station. My laptop looks like an octopus right now.

Otherwise, I am in good shape for now. When I started out, I took the plunge and bought some new items (3 in one printer, scanner, copier, new chair, foot pedal for transcription and an external hard drive).

Karenbeth

I am in desperate need of Software that will manage my clients and projects I'm working on. Something that will keep everything in one place. I need a CRM software, but have no idea which one is better. Any suggestions?

Thanks,