Did You Create Your Website or Hire The Job Out?

• Created It Myself From Scratch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hired Someone To Do The Whole Thing

• Did Some Myself and Hired Some Out

• Total voters

Christheva

I created my own site. Its seriously my pride and joy. I have "created" my own hobby site with WordPress before, but that was seriously just removing words and plugging in my own. For my current site, I used visual composer for the layout. Then I did an online course with illustrator for a weekend and learned the basics and created all the graphics myself. I'm pretty proud of it. Though I'm not a web designer by any stretch of the imagination. I even learned some CSS which I thought would NEVER be possible.

I'm all for creating your own site. It think it is a really good learning experience.

Miss K

I created my own website!! :applause: . My website is my baby and naturally, as a mother I would like to take full credit, however my conscious keeps forcing me to tell people that I didn't create nor implement the code. But it's still mine!

deedallas

I built my own website also. WordPress is a great and easy way to go about building a website. YouTube has tutorials on WordPress

I didn't have any experience and I built my own. It took some time because I kept changing things but the experience and was awesome. I felt proud knowing that I did it myself, regardless of any negative feedback.

rsmanuel

I created my own site. Its seriously my pride and joy. I have "created" my own hobby site with WordPress before, but that was seriously just removing words and plugging in my own. For my current site, I used visual composer for the layout. Then I did an online course with illustrator for a weekend and learned the basics and created all the graphics myself. I'm pretty proud of it. Though I'm not a web designer by any stretch of the imagination. I even learned some CSS which I thought would NEVER be possible.

I'm all for creating your own site. It think it is a really good learning experience.
Christine,

I absolutely love your website!

That is the project I am crusading now. Some things I am finding very easy and others are quite difficult. After seeing what can be accomplished with a little perseverance, I believe I will stick it out and learn it myself, rather than outsource!

Last edited:

Christheva

Christine,

I absolutely love your website!

That is the project I am crusading now. Some things I am finding very easy and others are quite difficult. After seeing what can be accomplished with a little perseverance, I believe I will stick it out and learn it myself, rather than outsource!
Agreed. I think it is best to learn how to do stuff yourself sometimes. Learning how to build a basic site on WP can only help you. Who knows when that might come in handy.

sfbayva

I built mine on squarespace. I love it because it's easy and looks super sleek. I may look into creating a Wordpress later on in the future.

JeanetteKierstead

I've made a few websites with Wordpress so it was an easy decision to create my own. I'm also noting down the process because when I'm finished, I'll offer basic Wordpress sites as part of my packages.

I watched a great webinar by The Techie Mentor a few days ago where she talked about offering Wordpress as a VA package. I don't know where on this forum I found the link for her, but this is my general thanks in the direction of the forum (and the supplier of the info) for the link!

uhtredberg

Hey Lizzy,

There are lots of free page builder tools which can easily help you to create your site pages. My team and I have recently researched about few page builders & compiled the fastest WordPress page builders. After conducting many tests, we have ranked the top 9 best page builders based on their GTmetric, Pingdom, and PageSpeed Insights performance test. I hope this article will help you.