NCTS virtual assistant info (scam?)

O

oncepals

hi :smart:

I came across NCTS VA job opportunities and was concerned on how reputable it is since I couldn't find any information or figure this company out. I found a post here which was very good, but nothing specific. It was odd on how many typographical errors the site has and found it odd not listing any address, phone numbers or in depth information about the company. After browsing their site, I found no help under Terms and Conditions, but did find the top SITETERMS button interesting. The Siteterm button takes you to a long terms info scroll. I took the time to read the huge amount of information there and found it alarming on how much they focus on not taking legal responsibilities for anything and everything you might encounter with 3rd parties through them. This included getting scammed, your pc getting infected with viruses and spyware, inaccurate income information, etc. But, the amount of things they listed for not being legally responsible was incredibly big. They did have several sections where made it clear that the "agent" would be responsible for the 12.95 fee and legal action would be taken to those who disputed charge or canceled checks.
Anyhow, after reading through it all I found NCTS doesn't hire you at all. There are simply just a job listing site and you pay the fee as membership to gain access to the job postings they have available. And even then, they do not guarantee the accuracy or legitimacy of the jobs and the companies who post them. Below is a copy and paste of two interesting paragraphs from that information scroll.

"position described on the home page and the sign up page are description of other work at home jobs listed within the site. NCTS PRO dose not hire employees and dose not offer the job listed on our home page or the sign up page of our site.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND THE TERMS OF USE FOR OUR SITE AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THESE AGREEMENTS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY AND THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED OUR COMPANY AND OUR SERVICE, EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN MEMBERSHIP ANDARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEE, OR STATEMENT OR THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT."

I hope this helps everyone that was curious about NTCS and stays clear from them.

-----
ADMIN UPDATE to original thread:
For additional information on this company please see this second (previous) thread as well.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Re: NCTS virtual assistant info

Interesting - did you try to contact them for more info?
I'm just trying to figure out if it's an actual scam, or just a poorly put together site...any thoughts?

O

oncepals

Interesting - did you try to contact them for more info?
I'm just trying to figure out if it's an actual scam, or just a poorly put together site...any thoughts?
Hi Tess

They have a contact form type system, where you fill in your name, e-mail, address, city, state, zip and choose one of the following..

- Please contact me ASAP I have a question
- I need help with my account
- Would like more information before applying

With applying spelled incorrectly, lol

But, after reading the lengthly site terms and the suspicious legalities listed, I prompted not to even bother wasting my time.
It was obvious to me that you pay them 12.95 to gain access to their job listings. And even then, according to the site terms, there is no guarantee about the job postings legitimacy or your safety.
You can view the SITETERMS button section for the scrolling text on their site. I only pasted two paragraphs from there, but there is a lot more you can see there that might help.

http://www.nctspro.com/siteterms_

:sunny:

Tess

Administrator
Staff member

OK thanks so much for the info, it sounds iffy, and certainly isn't a site I'd utilize or suggest but can't be sure it's a scam...

Mandy

Who Is Lookup

I read another thread in here about www.nctspro.com and it occurred to me that it is possible to check who actually owns a domain which may give you a clue or two about how legitimate a company is i.e. if the domain registered by someone in Romania best to stay away.

If you go to http://www.who.is and type in the domain name it can tell you who is the registered owner of the site as well as their contact details, when it was last registered and when it is next up for registration etc.

A handy tool to know and use on occassion.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member

I've noticed quite a few searches for 'NCTS Scam' bringing people to this thread - has anyone else here on the forums had any interaction with this website?

(It still looks the *same* as it did when we started this conversation...)

C

colagray

Hi,

I am new to this forum but I am really interested in earning extra income at home in addition to my day job. I am currently an administrator for a government sponsored health insurance program. The job is rewarding in that we help children get enrolled in health benefits with various plans, but the job just doesn't pay enough. I am truly interested in something with better earning potential and would prefer something online. However, my experience with NCTSPRO was anything but encouraging.

I paid the $12.95 and figured I'd give this company a shot. Then while waiting days then weeks for the password I decided to check the BBB's site for info on this company. The results weren't good so I figured I probably should kiss my money good bye. Lol.

Once they finally sent me the password to their site's user entry area, I discovered the password would not work. I never got access to the site and I contacted them to let them know. Weeks later they said I needed to enter the info in again and gave me all the possible reasons why it may not be working. As if I am some inexperienced-new to computers-idiot. Lol. No matter what they were trying to spin, it was all bull. THE PASSWORD WAS A JOKE. They probably never meant for it to work. And who has time to wait 2-3 weeks for them to get back to you. I finally just gave up. Lol..

I hate to see people get taken advantage of so I want you all to know what happened to me, so you can make sure this doesn't happen to you.

I asked them for a refund and they shot me their disclaimer so please NOTE: YOU WON'T GET A REFUND IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT. THEY PLAN TO KEEP YOUR MONEY EVEN IF YOU NEVER GET THE SERVICE THEY OFFER! KEEP THIS IN MIND AND TREAD CAREFULLY.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed quite a few searches for 'NCTS Scam' bringing people to this thread - has anyone else here on the forums had any interaction with this website?

(It still looks the *same* as it did when we started this conversation...)

jeannedb

Here's another clue on their legitimacy

Go to http://www.nctspro.com/ and look at the "Employee of the Month" and right click on the photo...it's hotlinked from Central Washington University website. The woman is listed as "Jannet Callaway" on the NctsPro site ... but, Hmmmmm

Look at this...

http://www.cwu.edu/~hr/ec/eotm/2006/owensk.html

See a familiar face - it looks like her real name is Kristina Owens.

I'm pretty sure that sums up the legitimacy of NCTSPro.com

Gotta laugh at their stupidity and laziness for hotlinking the photo.

jeannedb

Hi,

I am new to this forum but I am really interested in earning extra income at home in addition to my day job. I am currently an administrator for a government sponsored health insurance program. The job is rewarding in that we help children get enrolled in health benefits with various plans, but the job just doesn't pay enough. I am truly interested in something with better earning potential and would prefer something online. However, my experience with NCTSPRO was anything but encouraging.

I paid the $12.95 and figured I'd give this company a shot. Then while waiting days then weeks for the password I decided to check the BBB's site for info on this company. The results weren't good so I figured I probably should kiss my money good bye. Lol.

Once they finally sent me the password to their site's user entry area, I discovered the password would not work. I never got access to the site and I contacted them to let them know. Weeks later they said I needed to enter the info in again and gave me all the possible reasons why it may not be working. As if I am some inexperienced-new to computers-idiot. Lol. No matter what they were trying to spin, it was all bull. THE PASSWORD WAS A JOKE. They probably never meant for it to work. And who has time to wait 2-3 weeks for them to get back to you. I finally just gave up. Lol..

I hate to see people get taken advantage of so I want you all to know what happened to me, so you can make sure this doesn't happen to you.

I asked them for a refund and they shot me their disclaimer so please NOTE: YOU WON'T GET A REFUND IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT. THEY PLAN TO KEEP YOUR MONEY EVEN IF YOU NEVER GET THE SERVICE THEY OFFER! KEEP THIS IN MIND AND TREAD CAREFULLY.
[/QUOTE]

Whoa - I didn't see this post when I replied. There has to be something we could do. But I'm sure they'd fold up and reopen under a new name.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another clue on their legitimacy

Go to http://www.nctspro.com/ and look at the "Employee of the Month" and right click on the photo...it's hotlinked from Central Washington University website. The woman is listed as "Jannet Callaway" on the NctsPro site ... but, Hmmmmm

Look at this...

http://www.cwu.edu/~hr/ec/eotm/2006/owensk.html

See a familiar face - it looks like her real name is Kristina Owens.

I'm pretty sure that sums up the legitimacy of NCTSPro.com

Gotta laugh at their stupidity and laziness for hotlinking the photo.
Wow Jeanne, good sleuthing - that right there says volumes about them. I never even thought to check things like image properties...

I guess we've established NCTS / NCTSPro.com is a scam.

jeannedb

I'm passing along the info about this site to as many people online as I possibly can. I'm really peeved that they are specifically targeting women/moms.

I see that they use Google checkout and I'm looking into some recourse there.

I just finished up two jobs and have a smidge of downtime...antsy to DO SOMETHING here!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Proactive is so great, Jeanne - let me know if there's anything we can do to back you up or support this effort (this thread is already indexed and actually gets quite a large number of clicks every month, so that's good - people are searching for info on this company!)