LinkedIn Profile

HeathB

I've had a LI profile for years, but I haven't really done much with it in the past. Now that I'm trying to get my VA business off the ground I'm trying to set it up. I've written a summary/intro section for myself and my skills, but I"m not sure what to do about the resume section. Do I put my standard resume info there? Since I'm just getting started as a VA, the information I'd put there would be from my current job, and wouldn't be specific to the VA business.

As I'm typing this question out, though, I'm thinking I should do it like I would do a resume for any job hunt and put my current job information there, and just tailor it to the VA world. I'm an administrative assistant, so it would be easy enough to do.

I've sort of answered my own question, but I'd still love to hear what the rest of you do.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
I use my LI profile to include clients, projects, publications, etc. etc.
But if you don't have a lot of VA experience to put up there it's not entirely a bad thing to put your relevant work history up there and ask for recommendations from previous employers and colleagues.

The more you curate that page to highlight what you're doing now, and what you're good at, the better!

I use my LI page in lieu of a professional website and it works wonders - so easy to send to potential clients with a note 'this is what I've been up to and what clients and colleagues have to say about me, let's connect!'

Nizam18

LinkedIn Company Pages used to be viewed primarily as HR landing pages for brands. Though this is still one way to use LinkedIn, the network is also becoming the perfect place to drive business results, raise brand awareness, promote career opportunities, and educate potential customers on your products and services