Filing taxes if paid a subcontractor < $600


New Member
How do my taxes change this year if I used a subcontractor for the first time, for work totaling less than $600? Do I need her SSN? Where do I put her on my taxes? Thank you!
Last edited:


Staff member
Hi Leigh, you only need to file a 1099 for your sub if you paid her more than $600 in the year - so you don't need her SSN, etc.

I believe you can still claim her as an 'expense' though I would recommend double checking with a tax professional just to be sure.