Admin Solutions

J

jcor1070

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site. I recieved an email yesterday about a company called Admin Solutions based out of Texas, offering a VA position for their clients. Has anyone ever heard of this company? If so, pros and cons. Also, what is your opinion about companies that offer job placement services. Is it better to be your own boss and tackle the marketing ring in order to get clients.
Any information will be greatly appreicated.

Thank you,
Tina

Brianna Young

Re: Job Placement Services?

Using outsourcing services can be a fast way to gain experience, but you need to be careful they don't work your fingers to the bone for terrible pay! It will also not prepare you for being your own boss...and you could be spending that time marketing to clients who will pay your full rate.

Just follow your instinct when talking with them, and don't take less than you think you're worth! Never lower your rates - that's my policy.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Tina, welcome to the forums! :)
I haven't head of the company you mentioned - if there's a link you'd like to post maybe we can help you investigate further?

Brianna makes excellent points and I completely agree with her; use due dilligence when considering this kind of offer, and remember that your ultimate goal is to work for yourself. :)

winslowgirl

I would suggest doing our homework.. Maybe google their business name and see what comes up.. Lots of time you can get feedback about a company this way... Also, I agree, don't let them work you at little pay..

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the business also. I just received the same from Admin Solutions today. Did anyone find out any information before begin my research?

Thanks.
Carla

winslowgirl

I did a google.. and I didn't find anything for Admin Solultions.. that sends a red flag immediately.. I would do my research.. :) I hope it turns out well!!

Hello -- I just learned that if in doubt you should go to the BBB to find out the company in questions. I wish I would have taught myself this months ago, but anyway. I believe if you click on this link below it should take you to the file the BBB has on this company. If not just go the BBB website and type the company name and city/state and zip and the company should come up. http://www.data.bbb.org/houston2.asp

I hope this helps.

winslowgirl

That is excellent information.. The fact that I couldn't pull up a website immediately, guess we've all learned the hard ways.. Learn from our experience!!!

Also, any repretable company will have information, like contact info, address, all of that kind of stuff ready to you. If they don't have it, well..

Tess

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the follow up on that Carla - good point about the BBB (I actually can't get the page right now for some reason but will check it out.)

So, I went straight to the BBB (ww.bbb.org) and searched for the company in a few variations on the name and only came up with an address in MN (nothing negative on that company, but it's not the same one...)

Jackie has a good point in that if a company isn't immediately forthcoming with business info like location, phone, etc. *and* they don't have any record of existence on the web (even in a comment on someone else's blog or site, etc.) it's probably not legit...

A

angelus155

Do anyone know anything about The National Association of Home Based Secretaries. It's like a job placement service.

Thanks,

Samantha

Rebecka Melson

I put Admin Solutions on my SCAM list. I get weekly emails from them, but not on my business email. The email address they are using of mine has never been listed anywhere, it is through my cable company and I get constant spam on that account.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know Rebecka, I've moved this thread accordingly, to our scam library.

Kerans VA

I found a couple of threads on other boards regarding a scam with a company named Admin Solutions and variants thereof:

w-w-w.419legal.org/employment-scam-discussions/16496-admin-solutions.html

w-w-w.419legal.org/employment-scam-letter-archives/6196-jobsadminsoluions-com-adminstrative_solutions-adminsolutionsgroup-net.html

Hope that helps!