Accounting/Time Tracking

HeathB

I'm trying to decide on accounting & time tracking software right now. I really like the look and features of Wave, and I'm looking at My Hours for time tracking. Does anyone know of a service that does both tracking and invoicing/accounting? Or am I better off just getting 2 separate systems?

Thanks!!

yaniimarie

A lot of people love Freshbooks and Quickbooks. I can't wrap my head around either of them. I don't know if they confuse me or I'm just lazy. :p

Personally, I use Hiveage (time tracking and invoicing) because it's really easy to use and it's pretty customizable. There are some paid addons but it's worth it. I don't pay more that $20 a month for it.

jwittedesigns

I've heard that freshbooks is good for both. I don't use it currently as my budget isn't there yet. I use toggl for time tracking and PayPal for invoicing. When I can afford more per month, I will probably move to freshbooks.

Tricia

Administrator
Staff member
I am so in love with freshbooks. I have been using it since September 2008.

I have been using Paypal since I started my business 10 years ago.

Nathaniel Flick

I recommend you checkout Harvest. I have been using it for the past 4/5 years and it's amazing. You can track time on desktop or mobile, set up projects and output reports for accounting or taxes (it doesn't do accounting though). You pay yearly, I think it's around $250 or so, about $20/mo, but it's well worth it for all the time it's saved me.

Like Freshbooks you can connect PayPal or Stripe to take credit card payments if you wish, with a payment button right in the emailed invoice.

Tricia

Administrator
Staff member
Nathaniel,

Great recommendation. I had never heard of and will have to check it out.