I recently wrote a post on my blog about password systems. I have used three different systems for many years: an Excel spreadsheet, Outlook Contacts & a print out of all.
I have an Excel spreadsheet that is password protected. My column headings include:
- Account #
- Security Question
- Security Answer
- Date Established
I use Outlook to track various subscription services and accounts.
- Company Name/Site - file by the site name for quick retrieval
- Webpage Address – direct and easy access to site
- Note Section – enter login, account, password and other pertinent information
- Categories – create related categories for sorting and searching [social networks, services, financial, personal, client]
- Private box - checked for security
I keep a print out of all that is secured in a safe. You never know when your computer may fail and vital information is needed.
Just recently, I started using Roboform. It's been highly recommended by many VAs.