Thanks for your great responses.
Like The Brainy Girl, I too prefer working with clients who are computer and online savvy. Too much hand holding eats into a lot of client time and can be quite frustrating.
Other characteristics I prefer are:
- Someone who has worked with a VA before
- Someone who communicates regularly
- Someone who communicates and answers each question or issue promptly
- Someone who shares information
- Someone with a higher level of education/extended training/industry education and has been in business for at least one year (this is often a green flag that they will pay and pay on time)
- Someone who is organized...sends materials on time and with deadlines
- Someone who understands how online marketing works...they don't need to know everything but they get the gist of it
- Someone who is open to trying new technology and new programs
- Someone open to suggestions and constructive criticism
These qualities would be great and I know I won't get them all but there is much to learn from the initial consultation and initial email contact information. I can pick up many of these clues in the preliminary research before I take on the client.